Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Fashion goldmine

I am one step closer to my dream of finding my mom's fabric and yarn stash. Ok, so I don't actually know if she had a stash. I assume she stashed, because that's what all us crafty folks do, however, it is likely that my aunt took it upon herself to remove from our house.

I spotted these two boxes in the stacks of our basement, guessing correctly at the genre of their contents.

I wore all of the pictured outfits. L-R: I made that printed denim skirt and pouch combo (the pattern is titled "Kids Can Sew". My mom made that pink and white polka-dot number (mine was all pink with tiny white Swiss dots) in the middle for a wedding we went to when I was maybe four or five... the dress is still hanging around here someplace. The bottom pattern was the pretty much the design for the dress she made when I was nine and a "junior bridesmaid" at my cousin Ellen's wedding. The flower girl had this dress with a frilly apron thing over it.

I think these dresses are kinda way awesome.

These crack me up... "How to Measure, Alter, and Fit" actually looks very useful. It was priced at 20 cents; lord knows how old it may be. The lingerie book has an entertaining suggestion of embellishing your creations with "a monogram or astrological sign". Ah, the 70s.

No comments: